Ellen Hathaway is a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT 109641) providing psychotherapy to individuals, families, and couples in San Francisco and Mill Valley, CA. Ellen has pursued additional training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), Narrative Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Gottman Couples Therapy, and provides collaborative, integrative therapy through the lens of these and other evidence-based approaches.
Ellen spent two decades supporting parents and adolescents in educational settings before pursuing a graduate degree in the field of Counseling Psychology. Ellen co-founded and served as the Head of School of Brightworks, a progressive K-12 independent school in San Francisco, served as the administrative director of One Fifty Parker Avenue Preschool, and was the founding board president of San Francisco Rock Project, a non-profit rock music school for adolescents. Ellen has subsequently worked for or volunteered with numerous Bay Area organizations and institutions such as Haight Ashbury Psychological Services, Kids’ Turn, Safe & Sound (formerly the San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center), and the Women’s Community Clinic.
Training and Credentials
– Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist — AMFT 109641
– MA Degree in Counseling Psychology
– BA Degrees in English Literature and Religious Studies
– Child Development Program Director Permit. California Department of Education Teacher Credentialing Commission.
– EMDR Therapy, Basic Training
– Gottman Couples Therapy, Level 1 Certification.
– Narrative Therapy. Foundations Training Certificate and Advanced Level Training Certificate
– Cultivating Emotional Balance Teacher Training Certificate.
– Practicum Experience, Haight Ashbury Psychological Services
– Parent Crisis Line Weekend Supervisor and Volunteer, Safe & Sound (formerly San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center)
– EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
– California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
– San Francisco CAMFT (SF CAMFT)
– American Counseling Association (ACA)
Ellen D. Hathaway, Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, AMFT 109641
Supervised by Morgan C. Howson, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, LMFT 52326